Click on the video to watch the step-by-step setup guide.
1. Open the NexStride box.You will see a user manual, NexStride main unit, hand controller, retractable USB cable, wall adapter and bands.
2. Choose your band size to attach the main units.Each box will come with bands to attach the NexStride to the walker. Choose the appropriate size band, to attach the unit firmly to the walker.
3. Attach the main unit using the bands.Place the main unit on the walker pole. Take one of the bands and loop it around one of the hooks. Then, pull the band around the walker pole and hook it on the other side of the NexStride.
1. Position the Hand ControllerTake the hand controller and place it right next to where your hand is when you're holding the walker so that it's easy to activate when you experience freezing. Make sure when you're placing it that the USB connector is facing away from you.
2. Attach the Hand ControllerUsing the second band, attach it to one of the hooks on the controller, pull it around the walker and hook it on the other side of the controller. Make sure that it is secure.
3. Connect the Main Unit and Hand Controller Using the USB CableTake the retractable USB cable and plug it into the main unit, and then pull it up and plug it into the hand controller.
4. Position the MagnetThe magnet here is going to actually stick onto the cane itself so that when you're walking this unit stays put and it's not going to be swinging back and forth
5. Wipe down before attaching MagnetWhen you're ready to attach that actually just take the alcohol pad that you have in here wipe down the area that you plan on attaching the magnet to.
6. Remove plastic and place adhesive on walker.Pull off this red plastic piece and you'll stick it directly onto the walker hold it there for a few seconds and then it should be secure.
1. Turn on NexStrideTurn on the NexStride and you're going to click this laser button at the top here to activate the laser.2. How to adjustOrient the laser by moving the laser left and right. Take the whole unit and move it to adjust.
3. Align the laser You want to place the laser right in front of where these two wheels are so that that way when you're walking you can actually step over the laser line each time you take a step.
1. Unplug the USB cable from hand controllerTake this USB wall adapter and unplug the USB cable from your hand controller.
2. Plug USB to wall adapterPlug it into the wall adapter and just go ahead and plug that into the wall.
Need help? Please feel welcome to Contact Us.
Jiang, Y., & Norman, K.E. (2006). Effects of visual and auditory cues on gait initiation in people with Parkinson’s disease. Clinical Rehabilitation, 20(1), 36-45.