Click on the video to watch the step-by-step setup guide.
1. Open the NexStride box.You will see a user manual, NexStride main unit, hand controller, retractable USB cable, wall adapter and bands.
2. Choose your bands size to attach the main units.Each box will come with bands to attach the NexStride to the walker. Choose the appropriate size bands. In this video, we are actually going to use the large bands for this attachment.
3. Attach the main unit using the bands.Start with the main unit and attach it to the walker. Take your large band and attach to one of the hooks here. Then, pull this band around and hook it onto the other side of the NexStride.
1. Position the Hand ControllerTake the hand controller and place it right next to where your hand is when you're holding the walker so that it's easy to activate when you experience freezing. Make sure when you're placing it that the USB connector is on the is facing out facing away from you.
2. Attach the Large bandTake the other large band we're gonna do the same thing. Hook it on to one of these hooks on one side and then pull it around and hook it onto the other side make sure that's secure.
3. Attach the USB CableTake the retractable USB cable and attach the two so we'll first attach it into the base unit here and then you can pull it up and attach it into the hand controller.
4. Position the MagnetThe magnet here is going to actually stick onto the cane itself so that when you're walking this unit stays put and it's not going to be swinging back and forth
5. Wipe down before attaching MagnetWhen you're ready to attach that actually just take the alcohol pad that you have in here wipe down the area that you plan on attaching the magnet to.
6. Remove plastic and place adhesive on walkker.Pull off this red plastic piece and you'll stick it directly onto the walker hold it there for a few seconds and then it should be secure.
1. Turn on NexStrideTurn on the NexStride and you're going to click this laser button at the top here to activate the laser.2. How to adjustOrient the laser by moving the laser left and right. Take the whole unit and move it to adjust.
3. Align the laser You want to place the laser right in front of where these two wheels are so that that way when you're walking you can actually step over the laser line each time you take a step.
1. Unplug the USB cable from hand controllerTake this USB wall adapter and unplug the USB cable from your hand controller.
2. Plug USB to wall adapterPlug it into the wall adapter and just go ahead and plug that into the wall.
Need help? Please feel welcome to Contact Us.
NexStride™ has helped countless individuals take back their freedom and their confidence. Our multi-cue technology can help reduce the duration and frequency of freezing episodes to keep you mobile.
Purchase your NexStride for $499.00 today.
Easy to use and even easier to love, NexStride’s adaptive design seamlessly integrates into your favorite cane, walker, or walking poles. Activate the audio cue, visual cue, or both when you want them, adjust to your preferred speed and distance, and press on through the Freezing of Gait. Buy your NexStride now.
Jiang, Y., & Norman, K.E. (2006). Effects of visual and auditory cues on gait initiation in people with Parkinson’s disease. Clinical Rehabilitation, 20(1), 36-45.